Saturday, June 4, 2011

Changing a lightbulb?

So i have 14 lightsockets in my house atm, and 12 of them have burnt out over the last year. I%26#039;m down to 2 lights and one is flickering. I don%26#039;t want to live in darkness anymore. I cannot change them because my friend told me i could electricute myself, or burn myself. Please help|||Perhaps you should just seek out spiritual enlightenment in order to banish the darkness...or not.|||Easily done. Switch OFF the mains supply and remove one at a time. Note where the wires go to and replace the same. |||If you can%26#039;t figure this out by yourself, call a handyman or an electrician. The%26#039;ll be happy to do it for a small fee. Lol|||Are the lightsockets burnt or just the bulbs?





If its the bulbs then just unscrew them and replace them. You don%26#039;t even need to turn them off, its perfectly safe





If the lightsockets are burnt then you have a SERIOUS problem. This means you have serious voltage spikes and need to hire an electrican to fix the issue. Just replacing the sockets will not solve the problem, something is making them all go %26quot;poof%26quot;





You mention %26quot;flickering%26quot;, if its an incandesent bulb (hot round bulb) then its just loose in the socket, screw it in. If its a flouresent (long straight tube, cool) then the electronic ballast is going out and needs replacing (electrican!). I%26#039;ve had ballasts go out multiple times, its just something that happens.