Saturday, June 4, 2011

How do I get a shattered lightbulb out of the toilet bowl?

I am such a dork! I was changing a lightbulb in the bathroom and I dropped it! It hit the toilet seat, shattered and most of the glass fell into the toilet.


Any ideas on getting the glass out without cutting myself? BTW, I am a total KLUTZ and will absolutely cut myself if I try to pick the pieces out one by one...|||I%26#039;d take out the metal bottom of the light bulb and throw it away... Then use the handle end of a broom stick... or something similar and smash up the glass in the bowl until they are very fine, or very small, then flush it. Shouldn%26#039;t harm your toilet in anyway if you break them down real well.|||Try using tongs just don%26#039;t use them too pick up hot dogs


again.|||Rubber gloves? Fish net?|||if the metal part isnt in the toilet flush it...its not going to hurt anything..do you see any big pieces? the only other thing i can is use a slotted spoon..and then throw it away...or chopsticks..tongs...|||put a glove on a start fishing it out|||Use a large carrot to remove the base of the light bulb assuming there are some sharp glass still attached to the light bulb base.


Then remove the glass pieces wearing a thick latex glove.|||The only thing i can think of is to turn the water off to the toilet, and flush until the bowl is as dry as possible ( no water in the bowl), then get a dustpan and broom and with the broom try to carefully sweep it up out of the bowl into the dustpan, there will be a lot of small shards of glass so it will be painstakingly slow. Or vacuum it up maybe,





Good luck





and BTW Your not a dork it can happen to the best of us lol