Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Help, I changed a lightbulb, it sparked now it will not turn on.?

I went to change one of the light bulbs in a three light fixture. I didn't realize, but I went to put in a new bulb that was too small. A spark came from the light socket (at least that's what I think its called) just as I went to screw it in and immediately the other two lights went out. I replaced the fixture with new bulbs but it still wont turn on. What do I do?
Help, I changed a lightbulb, it sparked now it will not turn on.?
Try plugging another lamp that works in the same outlet. If the second lamp works, then the breaker is not tripped. Look for a small fuse in the plug of the lamp. Some have them, some don't. If the second lamp will not work, then the fuse or breaker at the panel has blown/tripped.



Try plugging the lamp that sparked in another outlet you know is energized (hot). If it still does not work, and the outlet continues to be energized (hot), it will be necessary to repair the lamp.
Help, I changed a lightbulb, it sparked now it will not turn on.?
You tripped the breaker. Go to the main panel and switch it back on.
La Bong is right
  • sexy hair
  • email
  •